He is Mine and I am His”

Song of Songs 2:16

Dear Mother of Good Counsel Home Family,

I wanted to take this opportunity to joyfully share with you that the time has come for me to
prepare for my final vows! On Saturday, May 30th I will travel to Alton and join 5 other Sisters in our 2 month preparation for Final Profession on August 3rd. You may be wondering, “what does this involve?” It is a time to be immersed in Jesus. We will return more deeply to the roots of our religious life, to the reason for our “Yes,” and the invitation from the Lord to be His forever. This includes extra time for prayer, Community life, and classes on our religious life, the vows, the life of the Church, and more. When the Big Day comes, it will mean saying “Yes” to: 
  1. being consecrated, which means to be set apart totally for God,
  2. through the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience in union with Jesus Christ, and
  3. Forever (that is what makes it Final Profession!)
This occurs within our particular Community of the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George. The final external symbol is the reception of a gold wedding band signifying the spousal union with Christ. Now, it also means that I will not be at the Home this
summer, and will miss you. I ask that you please keep us in your prayers, as well as those preparing to make First Vows (this includes Sister Mary James) and Reception into the Novitiate. I will be praying for you all in a special way and will ask Jesus to smile on you each day!

With love and prayers, Sr. M. Caterina





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sister M. Anselma's letter

National Healthcare Week

Why I Love This Place!